Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" Error In Galaxy S3

Today, my wife Samsung Galaxy S3 gave me any challenge again! She suddenly couldn't launch Facebook app, open Google Play Store, check email using Samsung Email app... We had tried to restart the phone few times but didn't really help. Every time the phone booted up an error message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" appeared. I had tried several methods found in the internet:

(1) Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > tab on your gmail account and uncheck "sync internet" if it's checked. DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!

(2) Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > tap on your gmail account and click "Remove account". Some had to reboot the phone and some didn't have. DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!

(3) Go to Settings > Application Manager > All tab, scroll down to  "Download Manager" and enable it if not. DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!

(4) FACTORY RESET your phone. Wait!

I DIDN'T go that far to factory reset my phone.

(5) I installed "AVG AntiVirus Free" in my Galaxy Tab 10.1" and used the app "App Backup & Restore" to back it up. Then transferred the backup apk file to my wife S3. I did this because, as I said above, Google Play Store couldn't be launched in the S3. Make sure you go to Settings > Security > check "Unknown sources". Only with this option checked you are able to install app which are not directly install from Google Play Store.

Then I launched AVG AntiVirus and performed a scan. The scan found few apps that were possible threat. So I uninstalled them. Magically, my wife S3 immediately returned to normal and able to launch Facebook, open Play Store, check email...
went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.

Read more: How to fix com.google.process.gapps has stopped working on samsung vibrant? - I installed cyanogen mod 7 custom rom on my samsung vibrant and now i keep getting this message :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_to_fix_comgoogleprocessgapps_has_stopped_working_on_samsung_vibrant-qna1545417.html
Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it

Read more: How to fix com.google.process.gapps has stopped working on samsung vibrant? - I installed cyanogen mod 7 custom rom on my samsung vibrant and now i keep getting this message :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_to_fix_comgoogleprocessgapps_has_stopped_working_on_samsung_vibrant-qna1545417.html
Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it

Read more: How to fix com.google.process.gapps has stopped working on samsung vibrant? - I installed cyanogen mod 7 custom rom on my samsung vibrant and now i keep getting this message :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_to_fix_comgoogleprocessgapps_has_stopped_working_on_samsung_vibrant-qna1545417.html

No comments:

Post a Comment