A Swedish company named myFC invented PowerTrekk which uses water as the source of charging. PowerTrekk is a portable fuel cell charger for use when away from the electricity grid. It provides instant power anywhere to electronic equipment such as mobile phones, digital cameras and GPS devices.
PowerTrekk is a 2-in-1 solution that is both a portable battery pack and fuel cell. The portable battery pack can be operated on its own as a ready source of power or storage buffer for the fuel cell. The fuel cell enables instant charging from a deflated battery state without ever needing a wall charge.
How does PowerTrekk work?
1. Remove tray system and insert fuel pack into fuel compartment.
3. Re-attach tray system to your mobile charger.
4. Connect electronic device to the PowerTrekk.
5. A mobile charge will start automatically.
6. While in use, PowerTrekk indicates state of operation. Once your mobile charger is in shutdown mode, remove used fuel pack.
The estimated unit cost for PowerTrekk is said to be about US$229, and may see a commercial release date in the third quarter of 2013.