FreshPaper was developed by Kavita Shukla who happened upon the active ingredients after accidentally drinking some tap water while visiting her grandmother in India. Her grandma gave her a home remedy - a mixture of spices, which kept her from getting sick.
Kavita discovered a new application of her grandmother's generations-old home remedy - a remarkably effective way to keep food fresh. She was awarded a patent for FreshPaper at the age of 17. Today FreshPaper is available in stores across U.S.A. and used by farmers and families in over 35 countries.
FreshPaper could play an important role in keeping the world population fed as estimated that up to 50% of the global food supply is wasted even farmers harvest enough food to feed the planet. With 2X to 4X of freshness, less food will be spoiled during transportation and in storage.
- 5" x 5" in size.
- Simply drop into a fridge drawer, fruit bowl, or any other container filled with produce.
- Infused with organic spices that inhibit bacterial & fungal growth, as well as enzymes that cause over-ripening
- Distinctive maple-like scent that signals the paper is active.
- Biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable.
- Last 2-3 weeks or until the paper's maple-like scent starts to fade.
- When stored in the original packaging, FreshPaper sheets last at least 18 months.